Bert Hartsfield – has served as Leon County Property Appraiser since November 1992. The Leon County Property Appraiser’s office currently manages and certifies property values and exemptions for over 107,000 parcels totaling close to 27 billion dollars in just value and 15 billion dollars in taxable value annually.
Mr. Hartsfield attended all local schools – Florida High, TCC and FSU - and holds the professional designation of Certified Florida Appraiser, CFA. His personal resume reveals a long family history of strong, personal core values regarding public service in this community. His office has received several awards from the International Association of Assessing officers—The Public Information Award, the Distinguished Assessment Jurisdiction Award, as well as the Prestigious IAAO Certificate of Excellence in Assessment Administration.
- Florida State University School (Florida High School)
- Tallahassee Community College
- Florida State University
- Father of three children: Kasey, Bren, and Rett.
- Elected Leon County Property Appraiser – November 1992 - Current
- Currently manage and certify property values and exemptions for over 100,000 parcels totaling over $27 Billion in Just Value and over $15 Billion in Taxable Value annually.
- Deputy Property Appraiser (1981-1992)
- Deputy Tax Collector (1971 - 1981)
- Certified Florida Appraiser CFA
- Certified Florida Evaluator CFE
- IAAO Certificate of Excellence in Assessment Administration
- International Association of Assessing Officers, 1996 Distinguished Assessment Jurisdiction Award
- International Association of Assessing Officers, 1996 Public Information Award
- The Leon County Board of County Commissioners’ recognition, January 1, 1997, Excellence for Public Service
- Tallahassee Community College Foundation, Distinguished Alumni Award, January 17, 2002
Florida Chapter, International Association of Assessing Officers, Presidents Award, October 24, 2002
- International Association of Assessing Officers
- Florida Chapter, International Association of Assessing Officers
- Florida Association of Property Appraisers
- Tallahassee-Leon County Geographic Information System (GIS)
Over my years of service, I have also worked with both local officials and the Florida Legislature to better serve the citizens of our community.
Community and Volunteer Leadership
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Capital Tiger Bay Club
- FSU Alumni Association
- Florida Baptist Children's Home
- Forest Heights Baptist Church, Trustee
- Habitat For Humanity
- Kids Voting, Captain
- Leadership Tallahassee Class XVIII
- Project Create, Board of Directors
- Reach Out and Read children's book program
- Riley House Historic Museum, Board of Directors
- Salvation Army, Board of Directors
- Springtime Tallahassee, Past 10-K Run Chair
- TCC Alumni Association, Past President
- Tallahassee Lions Club, Past President
- Turn About, Inc.
- United Way of the Big Bend, Past Local Government Chair
Courthouse Annex, 315 S. Calhoun St, Third Floor, Tallahassee, FL 32301
Phone (850) 606-6200 Fax (850) 606-6201
Office Hours: 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday