Extending into east-northeast Leon County, this road began as an Indian footpath
that led to the village of Mikosuki. British surveyors made note of the path in 1767. By the 1850's the road was used by thirty Leon county plantation owners
haul cotton to market. Gracious old live oaks now create a nearly nine mile long stretch of continuous canopy.
Map of Miccosukee Road